The FDA have cleared all Slendertone EMS products for sale in the US as Class II medical devices and they are safe and effective for their intended purpose (muscle conditioning or strengthening and toning). The long-term effects of EMS muscle stimulation are not known, however, this type of technology has been used by physical therapists and doctors all over the world for over 50 years.
Articles in this section
- Why is my skin red after a session?
- I’m using a contraceptive patch, can I still use Bottom?
- Can I use an abs belt while trying to conceive / before undergoing IVF cycles?
- Are there any ill-effects from using EMS stimulation over long periods of time?
- Can I use my Slendertone product to treat weakened muscles due to forced rest following an injury?
- Can I use a Slendertone belt if I have a belly button piercing?
- How long do you have to wait after having an IUD fitted?
- Can I use a Slendertone belt after having a baby?
- Can I use the product after having an abortion?
- Is the pulsation coming from the belt radiation which may lead to cancer?