Slendertone Abs7 features 10 programmes which are listed in the table below. There are 7 Passive programmes (no physical activity required) and 3 Active programmes (while doing a physical activity). The screen displays the selected programme. You cannot change programmes during a session, you must first switch off your controller and then switch it on again.
Passive Programmes: without any physical activity
|Passive Programmes||Duration in Minutes||Level||Number of sessions|
|7. Ab Power||30||Advanced||Indefinite|
Programme 1 is set when you switch your controller on for the first time. The controller will then automatically progress through each programme up to programme 6. The other programmes must be selected manually using the programme button.
Programme 7 delivers a strong abdominal workout which is useful for those involved in sport.
Active Programmes: while doing a physical activity
|Duration in Minutes||Level||Physical exercise|
|8. Endurance||40||Easy||Low cardio|
|9. Beginner Crunch||6||Moderate||Abs front|
|10. Advanced Crunch||9||Moderate||Abs side|
Programme 8 is lower in intensity and is useful when you want to combine the stimulation with a moderate cardio activity such as active walking, jogging, using a stepper or exercise bike.
Crunch Programmes 9 and 10
Those unfamiliar with Abs Crunch exercises should start with programme 9 before progressing to programme 10. Put on your belt and lie on your back. Bend your knees to approximately 90°. Position your hands either side of your head. Your feet should be flat on the floor, shoulder width apart and your abdominal muscles fully relaxed. Switch your controller on and increase the intensity.
1 (a) When the stimulation starts, gently press your lower back into the floor and contract your abdominal muscles as hard as is comfortable. Do not raise your head off the floor and keep your neck muscles as relaxed as possible.
1 (b) When the stimulation starts, slowly curl your shoulders forward, making sure that your lower back stays on the floor. Ensure you do not jerk your head forward. When raising your head, avoid neck strain by keeping a space approximately the size of your fist between your chin and your chest.
2. Hold each contraction for three seconds, then return to the starting position and relax fully. The stimulation will stop.
3. After a three second relaxation period, the stimulation starts again. Repeat step 1(a) or 1(b) and step 2 depending on the type of crunch you are doing.
- When the stimulation starts, slowly curl one shoulder upwards and towards the midline / centre of your body. Your shoulder should finish 8-10cm (3-4") from the ground. Keep your lower back on the floor. Important: Curl your right shoulder upwards and inwards when the stimulation is on the left side of your abdomen. Curl your left shoulder upwards and inwards when the stimulation is on the right side of your abdomen. Always keep your lower back on the floor and never twist your upper body excessively.
- Hold each contraction for two seconds, then return to the starting position
and relax fully - the stimulation will stop.
- After a two-second relaxation period, the stimulation will start again.
- Repeat steps 1-3.