This may be due to a number of factors:
Before removing your belt to troubleshoot ensure the controller is switched off. You can do this by pressing the Slendertone power button on your controller for three seconds.
- Ensure your battery is fully charged.
- The controller may not be properly connected to the belt. Ensure the controller is fully connected to the belt via the magnetic connectors.
- The plastic covers may still be on the gel pads, ensure the plastic covers have been removed from the gel pads on both sides.
- The metal studs under the gel pads may need to be cleaned. Use a dry cloth to clean the metal studs as there can be a build-up of gel.
- The gel pads may be placed incorrectly. Ensure the gel pads have the grid pattern side in contact with the metal studs.
- The gel pads are worn and may need to be replaced. You can purchase new gel pads here.
If the problem still persists after checking the above please contact our Customer Care Team for assistance.